In Zend Server 5.6 version 1.2 of the Zend Server Web API became available. This release marks a more mature API, which can be a valuable asset when monitoring multiple Zend Servers. But maturity is always a relative concept.
In the case of the Zend Server Web API it’s mainly the documentation that is an issue. Let the next remarks be of help for you.
- The release notes and help index state that Zend Server Web API 1.3 has been released, this must be 1.2
- The titles of the different API methods pages are often different from the actual uri
- The method monitorIssuesListByPredefinedFilter is actually called monitorGetIssuesListPredefinedFilter
- The filterId parameter for the monitorGetIssuesListPredefinedFilter can only be strings, not the id as the document states
- The monitorGetIssuesListPredefinedFilter method doesn’t return a total result set count. Although limit & offset exist this makes it virtually impossible to create advanced pagination unfortunately.
I found all these issues while working on a console to consume multiple Zend Servers. The code can be found on my GitHub account.
I will update this blog when new issues are found.